Apr 9, 2013

Gator Softball

Between football, basketball, and baseball, fans sometimes forget about Florida's top-notch softball program. Gator softball has had some remarkable seasons in recent years, including four College World Series appearances in the past five years. Even though I have been here for four years, I regret to say that I have never been to a women's softball game... until now. I finally found my way to Pressly Stadium to watch the Gators take on none other than the Florida State Seminoles. I will admit that the free t-shirt giveaway had a big part in luring me to the game, but there was such a huge turnout that I missed the free shirts. Turns out, Gator softball has a HUGE following and these ladies did not disappoint their fans. This game went into extra-innings and ended with a walk-off grand slam, giving the Gators a 7-3 victory over their in-state rivals. Although this was my first Gator softball game, I don't think it will be my last. If you're a softball or baseball fan, or even just an all-around Gator fan, this tradition will not let you down!

No comments:

Post a Comment