Feb 28, 2012

UF Extreme Dance Co... Making Our Own Traditions

As you can probably tell throughout my blog, I believe that being a apart of the University of Florida means being a part of traditions that have lasted lifetimes. And we don't just stick to traditions known by the entire Gator Nation, we create traditions along the way. One of my personal traditions has been dancing with Extreme Dance Company every semester. We are a student organization on campus partially funded through the University of Florida Student Government. Every semester we have a show where all our friends and family can see what we've been working so hard on all semester. We also have sneak previews of these routines at events such as Dance Marathon. I initially joined Extreme because I missed dancing-having danced since the age of three, it's a hard hobby to give up. But eventually these girls became my family and I look forward to going to practice and getting a break from school. Honestly, joining extreme was one of the best traditions I could have ever started and I'm really going to miss dancing on stage with them after graduation.

If you're interested in joining Extreme, you can follow us on Twitter. We take people of all dance backgrounds, and even if you have no dance background we'll be happy to help. And as we always say... Extreme Love!

Level A backstage at our Spring 2011 Show

No comments:

Post a Comment