Feb 5, 2012

Would You Like Fries With That?


So if you’ve walked around campus, I’m sure you’ve noticed that there are a few things that may catch your attention or look out of place. Perhaps some of the most noticeable items are the giant French Fries outside of the Marston Science Library. I’m not sure if there’s an actual name for the huge artwork but ask anyone to point you towards the French Fries and they’ll know exactly what you’re talking about. I remember my first time coming across the over-sized yellow beams I was definitely caught off guard. But now, they seem to blend in with the setting. I’m pretty sure I’ve almost bumped into them a few times while trying to walk and text at the same time (something I don’t recommend doing on campus, especially with all the buses and bikers). But before I become completely immune to the giant fries, I asked my roommate to take a picture of me with the beloved landmark. Primarily to add it to my list of UF traditions, but it also served as a distraction from all the studying I was about to do in the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment